Veterinary Surgeon, DVM, PhD, ECVS, Professor
2017, current position: Professor of Small Animal Surgery, Utrecht, NL
Education & Career
- Veterinary Medicine (1980-1986, University of Ghent, Belgium)
- Internship and residency Small Animal Surgery (1986-1991, Utrecht, NL)
- RNVA Veterinary Specialization, Small Animal Surgery, (1991, Utrecht, NL)
- European College of Veterinary Surgeons (1993, Cambridge, UK)
- PhD cum laude (Utrecht University, NL, 1997)
- Fellowship Neurosurgery (1999-2000, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, USA)
- 2008, Utrecht, NL: Associate Professor, Orthopedics & Neurosurgery
- 2014, Utrecht, NL: Professor and Head of Small Animal Surgery
PhD Thesis: Transsphenoidal hypophysectomy for treatment of pituitary–dependent hyperadrenocorticism in dogs. 30.10.1997, Utrecht. Cum laude.
Specialization: Orthopedics and Neurosurgery
- Intervertebral disc degeneration in the dog, spinal surgery, cranial surgery.
- Oncogenesis and surgery of pituitary adenomas in the dog and cat.